It’s in no certain order, though I do indeed have a time line in which I’d like to have all of this finished.
graphic design / images
- make connection for logo design – For me, professional marketing includes branding and having an image that you’re known for; my idea is a logo. It will be tied into EVERY incarnation of my work that will be publicly presented including any choreography demos, image releases, and this lovely blog! (PENDING)
- use logo to establish better blog (and website) aesthetics – this includes sticky posts which will headline the front page, a blog header prominently featuring the logo, and a custom background — see blog aspirations below
- I’d also like to get a few photo shoots in to have images to release so that you can finally see me! Also, as a part of having my creative work out in the public I’ll need to attach who I am along with the release of my work (PENDING)
- get the blog established (COMPLETE) 🙂
- consistently update (TALK TO ME IN 3 MONTHS)
- work on blog aesthetics and publicize correctly – this includes a bit of graphic design as mentioned above as well as some SEO (search engine optimization) and facebook/twitter tie-ins. The biggest change I’d like to see with the blog is a new theme. As you can see I’ve changed it from the basic WordPress “Twenty Ten” theme to the “Chunk” one, which I really enjoy. The permanent theme I’d like to activate for the blog is the “Funki” Theme made by WordPress. Check out the demo blog and tell me what you think – with the custom header and background, it’s just the right amount of creativity, boldness, and professionalism that I’m looking for. The only bad thing is that it’s a WordPress premium theme (the most expensive one at that) and costs $100 to purchase and activate. Yes yes, I have expensive tastes, I know.
- In due time, I’d like to establish a Facebook fan page with links to the blog and to my upcoming website. There I’d provide lil exclusives and promote new dance pieces as well as blog entries.
- I’m debating whether or not I want to start another twitter handle and update it in conjunction with my personal one. If I can tweet on both of them consecutively from my phone, I’ll do it. Tweeting from the phone is *SO* much easier than doing it on the computer.
- Before I even write down goals for the website, I’ll first need to get it established.
- Just like the blog, I’ll need to get it set aesthetically with pictures, graphics, logo, and the like as well as link it to the blog, facebook page, and twitter.
- Establish YouTube page (COMPLETE)
- Connect with videographers to get a few choreography demos done (very excited about this….PENDING)
- Post and market correctly for effective views and subscriptions
My goodness that’s a lot of stuff! I’ve every confidence that I can make it happen; the wheels are already turning in relation to the big stuff (graphic design, choreo demos, blog establishment). I’ll try to update here when things are complete and you can rest assured you’ll be seeing the fruits of all this labor in the upcoming future!